As an Asset Manager for DXD Capital's self-storage portfolio, you will establish and maintain strong relationships with facility managers, district managers, and third-party management companies. You will work collaboratively with these partners to execute tactical and strategic initiatives aimed at maximizing the performance and ultimately the value of our self-storage portfolio. Your responsibilities will include revenue management, monitoring financial reports, facilitating the annual budgeting process, conducting site visits, facilitating the successful opening of new construction facilities or transition or acquisitions. Self-storage asset and project management experience required. Willingness to travel frequently is a must.
- Ability to travel nationwide by both car and airplane.
- Establish and nurture relationships with facility managers and district managers for all DXD Capital-owned self-storage facilities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key executives at third-party management companies responsible for managing and operating DXD Capital-owned facilities.
- Collaborate with third-party personnel to execute tactical initiatives promptly.
- Develop and implement strategic initiatives to maximize value and performance of DXD Capital’s self storage portfolio.
- Evaluate and implement capital projects or modifications for additional revenue.
- Investigate and address anomalies in financial reports.
- Conduct regular site visits to ensure up-to-date maintenance and pristine conditions of DXD Capital-owned self-storage facilities.
- Act as a liaison between the General Contractor and the Operator to ensure a smooth post-Certificate of Occupancy transition for new construction facilities.
- Ensure smooth operational transition during and after the acquisition of existing facilities
Work with tax consultants to manage property tax assessments and bill disputes.
- Oversee property and general liability insurance claims.
- Collaborate with third-party personnel to prepare and review annual budgets.
- Monitor online reviews of portfolio facilities to identify and remedy issues.
- Track and resolve construction warranty issues.
- Works collaboratively in an entrepreneurial team environment.
- Demonstrates and desire to grow their skills, knowledge and career.
- Prior experience in the self-storage industry, demonstrating a deep understanding of its operations and challenges.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to plan, execute, and track initiatives effectively.
- Willingness to travel as needed to visit facilities and meet with third-party partners.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, essential for building and maintaining relationships with various stakeholders.
- Forward thinking problem solvers will excel in this role.
If you are a motivated and experienced Asset Manager with a passion for optimizing self-storage property performance, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Join DXD Capital's dynamic team and contribute to our mission of maximizing the potential of our self-storage portfolio.
DXD Capital is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.