The Project Manager (PM) will be assigned to manage multiple projects during the preconstruction phase for projects that are located throughout the United States. The PM will participate in weekly team calls and update the entire team on the progress, issues, and changes for each project they are managing. The PM will keep the Director of Preconstruction updated on all project specific issues, will properly prepare agendas and meeting minutes to properly communicate updates and track action items/decisions that need to be made by the team. The candidate must have a background in construction or development and a bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction management is a plus. The candidate must also be self-motivated, have strong communication and computer skills with prior experience working with Bluebeam Studio, Procore, Sage Intacct or similar products.
- Ability to travel nationwide by both car and airplane.
- Prepare and issue RFPs to Architects, geotechnical, civil, and environmental engineers, and surveyors during the various stages of the preconstruction process.
- Manage the bidding process with multiple General Contractors that includes leveling bids, answering their questions and RFI’s, review/negotiate contract and making sure project deadlines are achieved according to schedule.
- Review due diligence documents to provide team members opinions on potential risks, unexpected costs, and project feasibility.
- Manage design consultants and ensure they are staying on track and completing work as soon as possible throughout the preconstruction process
- Manage the design development of multiple projects including reviewing construction documents and contractor scopes to ensure all aspects of the project are appropriately designed.
- Help interview and select contractors and coordinate any work not under the GC’s scope, including but not limited to doors/partitions, site security, signage, third-party testing, and FF&E
- Thoroughly review any scope changes, working with the design team to determine the most cost-effective solution
- Inform the team of any unexpected costs/delays and present possible solutions
- Coordinate building permit submissions and approvals
- Review and verify monthly pay applications to ensure the General Contractor, consultants and other vendors are billing appropriately based on work completed
- Coordinate with any neighbors to make sure access agreements are in place for the start of construction
- Work with local utility companies to track their progress and mitigate their potential impacts to the overall construction due to their work
- Direct the buildout of construction projects by coordinating with contractors, Consultants and DXD team
- Coordinate with DXD team members to timely complete Due Diligence inspections for development projects
- Perform project close out with General Contractors, achieve Certificate of Occupancy and turn over to management team